Tuesday, January 17

getaway planning

Ok listen up ladies!  My best friends from Auburn and I are planning a girl's getaway weekend, and I am brainstorming places that would be fun yet affordable to go.

I would love to do something different that we haven't tried before.  The only thing is we'll probably have only three days tops for this trip.  And one of us lives in Mobile, one in Selma, one in Birmingham and one in D.C.  So we are having to think of something that would be easy for all of us to get to with such a short time to do it in.

So here are some of the ideas I have been thinking of.

1.  Gatlinburng, TN

We could get a cabin and go walking around the town and do a little bit of shopping.  Or we could do an outdoor activity like horseback riding and go to a fun local restaurant.  I would only want to do this in the next 3 months when it's still cold, though.


We could "See Rock City," check out the Tennessee Aquarium, or take a ride on the Southern Belle riverboat across the TN river.


We could eat at The Lady & Sons Restaurant shop, and just tour around the town, taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful sights that God has blessed us with.

I have only been to Tennessee a few times, so that would be my first choice.  But I'm open to suggestions.  If you have been to these places before and think they would be good for a girls' weekend trip, let me know!
If you have any other ideas that I haven't thought of yet let me know that, too!  

I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my girls, and no matter where we go we will make the most of it!

No comments: